How to host activeX player in a WinForm Control library

Issues related to our ActiveX control and Cross-Browser plugin hosted in Web pages

How to host activeX player in a WinForm Control library

Postby yl@logis.dk » Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:17 am

Hi,

I downloaded the SDK and found this ActiveX Control x64 components.

After I regSvr32 those dlls and axs and I can add UMediaControl7.dll and UClGraph7.dll to my wrapper library.

Then I try to add the com player into my toolbox but I couldn't find one. I used the "Browse" option and manually select UMediaControl7.dll and it prompts with "Self-registration for UMediaControl7.dll failed" error.

I took a look at the sample project and found that "AxInterop.UMediaControlLib.dll" is placed under obj\x86\Debug directory.

Can someone explain how that works or is there a x64 dll for it?

BR
Yang Li at Logis Solution A/S
yl@logis.dk

Re: How to host activeX player in a WinForm Control library

Postby admin » Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:07 pm

You need to have x86 components registered, first of all, as MS Visual Studio is 32-bit app.
These are normally registered when installing our Streaming Media Player.
You can register x64 components as well, and you need them if you compile as ANY CPU and run on x64 machine.

Then, in your C# project, in the References, do Add Reference and browse to UMediaControl7.dll
That will create the interop dll which will appear in your Release/Debug folder.

And then you will be able to add UMediaPlayer class ActiveX Control to your toolbox, by doing "choose items", then going to Com Components tab.
admin
Site Admin

Postby yl@logis.dk » Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:38 am

But we want to host the control internally without installing Streaming Media player(which means in this circumstance, the x86 components are not properly registered.)
I did what you said and I can build an app hosting the control locally on my machine but when I commit my code to the build machine, it failed with The type or namespace name 'AxUMediaControlLib' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
yl@logis.dk

Postby yl@logis.dk » Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:10 am

Also what specific things we need to do when we deploy our app to our customers? Add these register commands to installers?
yl@logis.dk

Postby admin » Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:32 am

Yes you need to deploy and register these components.
You can take x86 ones from Streaming Media Player installation and distribute them.
x86 ones can also be installed / taken from cab file:
http://umediaserver.net/bin/UMediaControl7.cab
Your build machine has to have them registered as well.
admin
Site Admin

Return to Unreal ActiveX control and Cross-Browser plugin