archival server network drive directory

Problems with Archival Server

archival server network drive directory

Postby justin1997 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:40 pm

Hi there,

I am having an issue trying to set the recording directory of archival server as my network drive (Z).
I have done the following:

1/ set the archival server as network service
2/ selected config.ums relating to my ums server (running on same machine)
3/ set up password on my UMS
4/ all the UMS broadcast channels show up on live configurator
5/ Ive also enabled notification when the broadcast is being displayed
6/ I can see the status change on Archival configurator when the stream is flowing into UMS.

The issue is, whether it is automatic or manual archiving, it always displays 'The system cannot find the system specified. Will keep trying to reconnect' - this suggests that arhival server cannot access the network drive.

Now, on the archival server -> storage settings, it is seeing my z drive correctly and therefor I can set the path as that.
I have also tried to save the files to my local drive (This PC/Videos) but that is also failing.

Do you have any idea why I cannot save it to my network drive?
justin1997

Re: archival server network drive directory

Postby admin » Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:07 pm

Hello,

On the archival server -> storage settings, you need to use the UNC path to your network shared drive, not the Z letter.
It doesn't have access to This PC/Videos because it's a Network Service account; if it would be a Local System account, you would be able to archive to This PC/Videos.

If you want to archive to both local pc and network drives, just set Archival Server to run under your admin account that has access to both.
admin
Site Admin

Postby justin1997 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:02 am

Hello,

thanks a lot for the reply.
I have tried putting in the uns path as below:

"\\unrealvod.file.core.windows.net\justin"

but when archiving, it says that the parameter is incorrect. DO you know why this is the case?

Also, one separate question - is there a listen event in media server sdk?
I need a way to find the status of stream (e.g. stream flowing/ stream stopped/ stream not connected) and Ive looked on the SDK doc but couldn't find any relevant info..
Any help is greatly appreciated.

kind regards,
Justin
justin1997

Postby admin » Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:24 pm

The UNC path is in the format
\\machinename\folder\
So is "unrealvod.file.core.windows.net" a computer name?
You should be able to put the UNC path in Windows Explorer and see remote drive.

To your second question:
Are you asking about Archival Server or Media Server?
Media Server has a ServerStats COM object that can return you a list of active user and camera connections;
also you can create a custom user logging component that will be called every time a player connects and disconnects.
Archival Server has event consumer SDK that allows you to receive an event when a stream starts/stops archiving.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=3362
admin
Site Admin

Return to Archival Server