WebRTC Player on HTTPS + SSL + Port 443

Issues when playing with WebRTC Player

WebRTC Player on HTTPS + SSL + Port 443

Postby linksbreaker » Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:30 am

Hello there! I would need someone to help me understand the use of WebRTC with HTTPS.

This is the scenario:

1) I installed "unreal media server" -> OK

2) I added a "new live broadcast" -> OK

3) I opened ports 5119 + 443 on my router and redirected them to the local ip of the computer where "unreal media server" is running -> OK

4) I tried to access with "Streaming Media Player" on port 5119 -> OK

5) I tried to access with "Streaming Media Player" on port 443 -> OK

6) I set the UnrealWebRTCPlayer parameters into an HTML and I could access it from http://www.domain-unsecure.com -> OK
The parameters are: webrtcPlayer = new UnrealWebRTCPlayer("remoteVideo", "test", "", "my-public-ip", "5119", false, true, "tcp");

7) The problem is that I can't access at https://www.domain-secure.com using SSL.
The parameters are: webrtcPlayer = new UnrealWebRTCPlayer("remoteVideo", "test", "", "my-public-ip", "443", true, true, "tcp");

I created new SSL certificates at "https://zerossl.com/free-ssl/#crt" and then changed it in unreal media server (crt + key)... but I can not figure out what data I would have to use.
I would like to see an example of code using HTTPS + SSL + 443 because I still can not understand the configuration of parameters using port 443 from HTTPS.

For example: what data should I use when generating the SSL certificate?
a) the secure url that I want to access to see the live video?
b) use some system like dyndns.org and configure it with the ip of "unreal media server" installed on my windows?

I thank you in advance for any schema, configuration flow or step-by-step guide to help me understand and solve this problem.

Best regards!
linksbreaker

Re: WebRTC Player on HTTPS + SSL + Port 443

Postby admin » Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:26 pm

Hello, here is a brief summary of what you need to do:

1. Make sure your secure port in Unreal Media Server (443 by default) is not used by other applications (like IIS). If that's the case, you will have a record in event log, saying that Unreal Media Server is unable to listen on 443. Change the port then in Unreal Media Server or that other app, to resolve the conflict.

2. Once you have your certificate (real one, not a self-signed) as .pem files (refer to your certificate issuer documentation how to generate .pem files; in most of cases your cert files are already in .pem format), configure these .pem files with Unreal Media Server's properties window.

3. If something is wrong with your .pem files, you will have a record in event log, saying that Unreal Media Server is unable to use your certificate.

4. In javascript create player as follows:
webrtcPlayer = new UnrealWebRTCPlayer("remoteVideo", "test", "", "my-domain", "443", true, true, "tcp");
Note that you must use your domain name for secure connection, not the IP address.

5. If your server is behind NAT router, follow this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=3563
admin
Site Admin

Return to Playing with WebRTC Player